Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Swim Lessons







So even though the boys are great little swimmers, I wanted them to take swimming lessons this year just to ensure they are getting pool safe. Since we are enjoying the month in Orange County with my mom and dad I decided to sign them up for lessons at the same pool I took lessons in over thirty years ago. I remember the pools being huge...olympic sized for sure : )! When we arrived boy was I in for a surprise. I couldn't get over how tiny the pools looked and I have to admit I was a bit sad they took out the diving boards, especially the high dive. I was shocked when Evan refused to get in the pool and Ry was a nervous wreck and just stood there on the verge of tears. Come to find out Ry just thought it was a baby class and actually wanted to be out there swimming, not playing ring around the rosie! Blake on the other hand did great although he was the youngest and smallest kiddo in his class as you can see from the pictures. He learned how to breath correctly while doing the free style and can now do the back stroke, dolphin kicking and more. He never ceases to amaze us.

No comments: