Sunday, March 4, 2012

Amelia's Nursery






I finally finished Amelia's nursery. I have to tell you, decorating for a little girl is so much more fun than boys. I am just thrilled at how the room came out. I got really lucky out how well things came together. The beautiful bedding from Restoration Hardware was purchased for me by some amazing families from my class, the dresser my mom and I found at a consignment store and was a gift from my parents, the beautiful crib was loaned to me by a friend I teach with and the little cabinet has been passed around for years. I just changed out the knobs. My favorite part of the whole nursery is the beautiful quilt Georgie made for me. She could not have made a more perfect quilt for sweet Amelia....I love it more than words can express. The little pink dress hanging on the cabinet was mine and the cabinet is filled with my Beatrice Potter collection of books and figurines. As a child every Easter I recieved a new book and the figurine to go with it. I love that this room is filled with the love of so many amazing friends and family. She is one blessed little girl.

No comments: