Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One Day Down and Counting

Well, we all managed to survive Patrick's first day in the academy. I was able to get all three kiddos up, dressed, and out the door by 6:55 this morning....five minutes earlier than I had planned! The kids were super helpful and there were no tears and very few complaints : ). We dropped off Evan at Grandma Sue's and Blake, Ryan and I managed to make it to school on time.

I was so nervous for Patrick all day. Every time I looked at the clock I said a little prayer for him. As 6:30 approached I began to really get nervous...they were supposed to done at 5:00. Thank God for Ashley, Josh's wife, who called feeling just as worried as I was that she had not heard from him yet. About ten minutes later I got the call. I asked him how he was feeling and he told me he was dying a little more as each minute past! He said that it was far worse than he had imagined, but he made through and was in the top 20 or so of the class. He said every muscle in his body ached. The more we talked, the calmer he seemed. I just pray he gets a good night sleep tonight.

No comments: