Thursday, October 16, 2008

Patrick's Second Day

I spoke to Patrick yesterday and he was in great spirits! He said physically it was an easier day and he really enjoyed the classroom time. I was so thankful to hear him so excited...it made today a little easier, and I am not quite as worried for him. The boys have been champions this week as well. Ryan was a bit of a handful last night, but we got home around 6:00 had a nice dinner (thank you Grandma Sue), the boys had baths, and it was bedtime. I even managed to get a load of laundry done and put clean sheets on the bed. The girls at work are getting me a house cleaner to come to the house every two weeks! Their generosity was very overwhelming, but so appreciated. She will probably start next week, so that should help with the heavy duty cleaning. The girls want for us to be able to spend time together as a family on the weekends. I am truly blessed to have such support and friendship! I can't wait to see Patrick tomorrow night. I think it is definitely true...absence does make the heart grow fonder.

2 comments:

ambersilva said...

I was very impressed that Patrick came over and hung out for several hours considering what he has been going through during the week. Jake and I had a great time. I have been thinking of him often.

Waddell's said...

So glad you guys are doing well. Very nice of the girls at work too! How sweet of them to recognize the importance of your time spent together now - Please let us know if there is anything you need.