Friday, August 14, 2009

Evan has a big boy bed!


So Evan is growing up so quickly and I have had to come to the realization that I no longer have a baby! He is such a sweet little boy who looks up and loves his big brothers so much. He is really starting to talk and is already using his manners. He is great at thanking people....he shakes his head and says ank you mom or ank you akie(Blake). He has always been such a great sleeper. When it is nap time or bed time, he get's his poshie, blanket and sippie and literally would walk into his room telling everything from the pictures on the walls, to his toys, to his brothers night night without a fuss. Well all that changed when he discovered he could climb out of his crib all by himself (thanks I think to help of Ryan). Well for fear of him getting really hurt I finally did the inevitable...I took down our crib after being up and occupied for almost six years! As excited as I was to see that thing go, it was definitely a little emotional as well. See....no more babies. Anyways, Evan was very excited to have a big boy bed to sleep in and has done pretty well so far. Not quite as easy as the crib...he does fight going to bed a bit more, but I have stuck to my guns and super nannies teachings and just put him right back in. The first night it took about 15 minutes and when I went to check on him before I went to bed, he was asleep on the floor. The second night took about 10 minutes and he did fall asleep in the bed. Love him to pieces!

No comments: