Sunday, January 17, 2010

My New Obsession

The Lamp....I absolutely love it!

So lately I have found something new to obsess over....birds! Yes you heard me right, birds. Not real ones mind you, but birds as decoration. It all started over Christmas when I found these really neat looking bird candles. I had wanted to keep my Christmas table a little bit more rustic and natural this year and I thought these would be the perfect touch. I thought that was the end of it, until a trip to the oh so dangerous Home Goods. As I was browsing through the lamp section, I came across this bird lamp that I absolutely had to have. I wasn't even sure where I was going to put it, but it didn't matter I had to have it. As I continued to browse I found a few other accessory pieces for display. A couple of days later I was scanning the Pottery Barn website and that's where I discovered the trend! Everything on that website from table linens, to pillows, bedding, to dinnerware had birds!!! Who would of thought...a bird trend?! Anyways I had a gift card from a parent, so I decided to buy a very pretty bird table runner, some decorative bird eggs, grass and moss. I also stopped by Michael's to purchase some cute little bird nests. A little obsessive....I know and it doesn't end there. Over New Years we were at my Aunt Lulu's and she had an old Audubon print that used to hang in the Pavilion where I used to work. We had ton's of old Audobon prints framed and hung in the facility and I always loved them. So next stop for me...ebay! I found two great prints for under 10 dollars, so I purchased those as well. They are just waiting to be framed and matted. At this point before I become completely out of control I have decided to stop after I purchase one last item....I want to find an old vintage bird cage. I found some cute ones at Home Goods yesterday, but I am going to keep my eyes out for something older with some character. Anyways, thought I would share this with you all. I guess when you are surrounded by boys all day long you have to find something girly to do to pass the time! Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: