Saturday, May 15, 2010

Grandpa's 90th Birthday


Grandma and Grandpa on their wedding day

Grandpa was a pilot

My beautiful grandmother

My grandma and dad...he was so cute!

My grandpa and I

Recently we celebrated my Grandpa's 90th birthday! My mom had a party at her house and we were able to see relatives we had not seen in years. It was a very special and emotional evening. I made a slideshow for my grandpa as a present. Going through all of the old photos was so much fun. In my lifetime I have maybe seen a handful of pictures of my dad's mom. She died before I was born. Going through these photos allowed me to see what a neat women she was. You could see the love she had for her family. My grandpa is the only grandparent I really new growing up. Both of my grandmother's passed away before I was born, and my mom's dad died when I was little. I am very grateful to have had my grandfather in my life all of these years, and especially thankful he got to meet his great grandson's! Above are some of my favorite pictures of my grandma and grandpa. They were a beautiful couple!

No comments: